I harvested garlic and dill this week. With a short trip to Argersinger Rd to visit an Amish farm we scored a box of pickling cucumbers for ten bucks. Garlic from Lincoln Rd and Dill from right outside in the garden.
I made a few jars up of garlic and dill pickles. Mom wanted bread and butter pickles so we started slicing and let these sit for twelve hours before I mixed up the spices and vinegar. Then I canned them while Kirsten and Mom were at the fair.
A dozen quarts of whole dill pickles, nineteen half pints and five pints of bread and butter Pickles.
Testing the new fan in the window, temporary installation. The plan is to put this up in the vents in the peak. I also have a twelve volt temperature sensor that can be set to turn the fan on and off at whatever temp it is set to. On first turning the fan on voltage dropped from 13 down to 12.7 volts. I ran the fan for about a half hour and the battery didn’t drop anymore. At least not on the Harbor Freight charge controller, I wonder how accurate that thing is.
The noise is a bit much but not terrible I think once I get it mounted where I want it things will quiet down a bit.